Keeping up with my love for figs, here’s a very quick recipe of fresh fig and honey ice cream. It comes from the pages of old magazine which I have been filling since last 4 years (since marriage! 🙂 ). The recipe kind of reminded me of Nigella’s cooking style which is less effort more taste by not going completely “from scratch”. And I’m totally for it. You don’t need any ice cream maker or churning for this one. We start with shop bought vanilla ice cream to make this delicious treat.
Fresh Fig and Honey Ice cream
Preparation: 20 mins + freezing time| Serves 8-10
1 litre brick of vanilla ice-cream
8 fresh figs
3 tbsps honey
- Leave the vanilla ice-cream out in a bowl till it softens
- Finely chop half the figs and puree the other half
- Mix together both types of figs and honey to the semi-solid vanilla ice cream. Adjust the amount of honey depending on how sweet you like your ice cream)
- Empty into a plastic box and refreeze
- Scoop out and delight your guests with this “home-made” (well almost!) ice cream
Note: Use this quick method to make ice cream with any fruit, nuts or even cookies!