When I saw the picture of this watermelon sorbet in this month’s Good Food India edition, I knew I just have to try it. It looked like a perfect dish for the hot summers. Of course the magazine would have food photographers to make all their pictures look tempting but it was the watermelon crystals that made it look like the perfect heat solution.
This afternoon we had to go out for some work, by the time we got back we were both tired due to the heat. This watermelon sorbet was the most welcoming and refreshing!
Preparation time: 20 mins | Cooking time: only freezing time!| Serves: 4
1 Watermelon, cut into cubes and seeds removed
2 tsp Castor Sugar (the quantity of sugar can be varied depending on the sweetness of the watermelon)
- Puree the watermelon cubes with sugar in food processor until smooth.
- Add more sugar if required. Remember that the cold will dull the flavour a little
- Freeze the puree for 2 hours.
- Crush it in the food processor again and freeze again
- To serve, blitz the sorbet in a mixer or scrape it out with a spoon
I tried to be a little innovative about serving and cut out a bowl from the watermelon shell… Below is how watermelon looked in a watermelon bowl.
RAKESH CHANDRA GOYAL
VERY TEMPETING AND PHOTOGENIC
thank you papa! 🙂 <3