Fresh basil leaves and sweet firm tomatoes transform the basic cheese omelette into an all-time favourite tomato basil omelette.
Tomato Basil Omelette
By Ashima Goyal Siraj
Preparation time: |Cooking Time: |Serves: 1
2 large eggs
A knob of butter
1/2 tsp of thyme
Salt to taste
Black pepper or Red chilly flakes to taste
~2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp milk
1 salad tomato, cut into chunks or 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
5-6 basil leaves, roughly torn
- Place a pan over low heat and let it get hot.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Add in all the spices and a tbsp of milk. I always add a little milk to my eggs, it make the omelette fluffier and also takes away the smell.
- Beat well with a fork.
- Once the pan is hot, add the butter.
- When the butter has melted, add tomatoes with a pinch of slat and pepper. Toss them around for about a minute.
- Add the beaten eggs and spread them evenly.
- Once the omelette starts to firm up a little from bottom, sprinkle the basil leaves and then grate some cheese onto the omelette.
- Cook for about a minute till the omelette starts to turn golden brown from underneath. Ease around the edges with a spatula and fold the omelette in half.
- Slide onto the serving plate and eat hot