Nutella… why u no last forever?
I wish the bottle of Nutella could answer this simple question. I love nutella and after the nutella swirl cake I am all the more eager to try it as more than just a bread spread so this weekend the breakfast table was adorned with nutella pancakes!
Nigella says in her book, Nigella Express, “This is going to change your life irrevocably” for the home-made instant pancake mix. And it truly has changed my life! At least the breakfast menu. Making pancakes is a no-brainer activity now ever since I started making pancake mix at home and storing it. No last minute measurements required. Just combine the dry mixture with an egg and some milk and delicious pancakes are ready in a jiffy.
Today I made plain pancakes and spread generously with nutella and topped further with maple syrup but it really is like a plain canvas for your imagination to run wild with flavours! I have also tried with ripe bananas, apples, dried fruits and berry compote in the mixture!
Take pleasure in feeling like a domestic goddess! 🙂
Nutella Pancake & Home-made Pancake mix
Homemade Pancake mix
600 gms all-purpose flour (maida)
1 tsp salt
40 gms castor sugar
3 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
- Sieve together all the ingredients. Mix well and store in an air tight container.
For the pancake
(for each 150 gms of pancake mix)
1 egg at room temperature
250 ml skimmed milk
- Whisk together the pancake mix, eggs and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a flat non-stick pan with a little butter
- Add a big spoonful of batter onto the hot pan and spread it evenly.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, flip them over to make them golden brown on both sides.
- I made the batter a little thin because I wanted the pancakes to thin, more like crepes. For more traditional pancakes, use only about 150ml milk.
- Remove the pancake on a plate and spread nutella generously on the inside surface. Roll and serve with maple syrup!
Leave a Reply