This eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe comes a week late as the little chef who made them had kept me pretty busy over the last weekend to even think of writing! I’m glad I could click a few pictures before the cookies were gobbled down:).
I had told about Star café in my marie biscuit pudding and this week the star café’s little chef, Nandini, paired up with her aunt (that is me!) to make awesome chocolate cookies! And while the aunt wanted to make chocolate chip cookies, the niece wanted sprinkles and gems. So what we had were 3 different types! 🙂 It’s fun to cook with kids! I’m always excited while baking, but this time the excitement was many time more as Nandini was also going to do it. And she was full of questions and I loved watching her little hands rolling the cookies and putting sprinkles on top and thinking that nobody is watching she would quickly put some of the sprinkles or gems in her mouth! 😀
Eggless Chocolate Cookies
Preparation: 15 mins| Baking Time: 20 mins| Makes ~20 cookies
100 gms butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup maida
1tsp baking powder
Chocolate chips, sprinkles and gems/ M&Ms for topping
- Mix butter and sugar with a fork
- Add maida and baking powder. Mix together with the fork. Before giving to your child you might want to mix it a little yourself else you will end up with more flour outside the bowl than inside :). If that happens add the lost flour and redo.mix in vanilla essence and cocoa powder.
- Keep the dough in fridge for 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Knead the dough a little to smoothen it after taking out of fridge.
- Divide into 10-12 equal portions. Ask your kid to roll it into ball and then press it between her palms.
- Place them on a greased baking dish.
- Let her decorate with chocolate chips or gems or sprinkles.. (and also eat a little while decorating:D )
- Bake for 20 mins at 200C
Leave a Reply