Soft, creamy, and full of intense mango flavor, this homemade mango ice cream is a celebration of summers and mangoes! Made with juicy Alphonso mangoes, you’ve never had a more delicious mango ice cream made at home!
The ice cream is made from scratch with just 3 ingredients. No cooking, no churning required. Just fold the condensed milk and mango pulp with whipped cream and freeze!
It is soft and creamy, unlike many homemade ice creams where we struggle with icy bits. When I posted the chikoo ice cream recipe, I was thinking this mango ice cream recipe should have been my first summer ice cream recipe as this is the first one I make every summer and keep making as soon as a batch gets over and as long as the mango season lasts 🙂
A favorite amongst all, this homemade mango ice cream is full of real mangoes. I added both mango pulp and tiny chopped mango pieces. No store-bought mango ice cream can come close to it in its intense mango flavor. And it is perfectly scoop-able like the store-bought ice creams without using any chemicals or preservatives. A lot of ice creams on the market contain a chemical called GMS or CMC to make it creamier.
The base of this simple 3-step ice cream recipe is whipped cream folded into condensed milk. The creaminess of the ice cream comes from condensed milk and whipped cream aerates the mixture which prevents icy bits. You can add any flavor to this base. Maybe some cocoa powder and choco chips or some strawberries, or coffee, or salted caramel! The mixing bowl is your playground!
This is my last batch of mango ice cream for this season. The rains have now started and the mangoes will soon start to lose their sweetness. Though I am stowing away some mango pulp in the freezer too for recipes like mango and chia seeds pudding or the light and fluffy mango soufflé. I can never have enough mangoes and having some mango pulp in the freezer means I can always whip up these delicious desserts! What is your favorite mango recipe?
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to rate it and/or leave your comments at the end of the blog. It will really encourage me to keep exploring, learning and improving.
Homemade mango ice cream with 3 ingredients
Ingredients (1cup = 240ml; 1tbsp = 15ml; 1tsp = 5ml)
- 3 ripe and juicy mangoes
- 300 ml sweetened condensed milk (1 tin)
- 400 ml whipping cream
- Peel and chop the mangoes. Puree two mangoes to a thick pulp and cut one into very small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl combine together condensed milk and mango pulp until well mixed (you can use a blender too). Once combined add the chopped mango pieces (and any other additional flavour you may want, like cardamom powder or vanilla extract).
- Beat the whipping cream until fluffy and stiff. Fold in lightly the condensed milk and mango mixture, until well combined. That’s it!
- Pour into a freezer container. Put a sheet of cling wrap on top, cover, and freeze for at least 8-10 hours.
- To serve, take the ice cream out of the freezer 5 mins before serving. Open, remove the cling wrap, scoop and serve!
- Choose the juiciest and most ripe mangoes for the recipe.
- To give it an Indian touch, add 1 tsp of green cardamom powder, a pinch of saffron, and/or a few chopped pistachios.
Connect with me
If you try this recipe, I would really love to know how it went. Tag your picture with #weekendkitchen on instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and/or Pinterest. Or join our newest journey into Recipe Videos.
Would love to start a conversation, share recipes, cooking experiences and food stories from India and around the world.