My mom never ceases to amaze me with new recipes that she has learned from the internet or some cooking show. While I am more or less a dead log there, I do enjoy baking as my niece loves it very much. Be it cookies or brownies or cakes. She is like my little helper; measuring one tsp baking soda here and one cup flour there and then mixing it all up. My mom doesn’t bake but she also enjoys cakes a lot so while I am here in Angola, I occasionally send her a little love by online cake delivery in Chandigarh.
This chocolate walnut brownie is an easy recipe to make with kids. Gooey and soft, the brownies don’t need a reason to be popped in your mouth. We made these for our picnic day to Kasauli and just about 10 pieces survived the packing and the 3 hours drive. 🙂
Chocolate Walnut Brownie
By Ashima Goyal Siraj
Preparation time: |Baking Time: |Serves: 6-8 (Makes ~24 pieces)
200 gms unsalted butter
200 gms milk chocolate ( or dark chocolate if you prefer)
3 eggs at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup castor sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 190ºC. Line the baking pan (I use a pan of 13 X 9 X 2.5 inches dimensions) with parchment paper or foil both on sides and base.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, add the butter and chocolate. Melt over low heat. Keep stirring in between. When it’s melted, remove from heat and let cool for about 5 mins.
- In a bowl beat together eggs, vanilla and sugar. Add the egg mixture to the melted chocolate mix. Beat together for 30 seconds. Follow with chopped walnuts, flour and salt. I simply use the handheld beater right in the saucepan to combine everything smoothly.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan.
- Bake for about 20 mins. Remove onto a cooling rack. The brownies continue to cook as they cool down so don’t think you removed them too early as additional time in the oven will make them dry.