The chocolate oatmeal banana smoothie, tick marks the three most important things that I want from my breakfast. It is
- Quick, and
On days when I am in a hurry, breakfast smoothies are my best friends. The easiest smoothie recipe is to just throw in seasonal fruits along with almond milk (or any other milk/ homemade yogurt of your choice) and whizz them up in the blender. Banana is my favourite base for any fruit smoothie. It adds the morning nutrition and a lot of body and flavour.
Oatmeal adds fibre and makes the smoothies more filling. Just a handful of old fashioned oats is enough for a glass. This oatmeal and banana smoothie keeps me going from morning till late afternoon on just one big glassful. And a mix of nuts & seeds makes the breakfast smoothie a complete meal as seeds are high in proteins. Chia and hemp are my two favourite seeds for adding in breakfast fruit smoothies.
Health Benefits of Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Smoothie:
- Bananas are rich in Potassium which is essential for our memory and muscles to function properly.
- Oatmeal is loaded with dietary fibre which is essential for a healthy digestive system and a healthy weight.
- Chia and Hemp seeds are rich in proteins which is essential for muscle building and repair.
- Fresh raspberries are great sources of Vitamin C which is important to keep our immune system strong and healthy.
Chocolate is my weakness and I will take any reason to add it to my meal but a pinch of cinnamon would also go great with this banana smoothie recipe.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to rate it below and/or leave your thoughts at the end. It really encourages me to keep exploring, learning and improving.
Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Smoothie
Ingredients (1cup = 240ml; 1tbsp = 15ml; 1tsp = 5ml)
- 2 bananas ripe and medium sized
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp hemp seeds optional
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional and to taste
- 2-3 almonds chopped
- 1 tsp dried berries
- 4 fresh raspberries
- Blend all the smoothie ingredients in a blender to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Pour into glasses and top with chopped almonds, dried berries and fresh raspberries.
- Serve immediately
Connect with me
Would love to start a conversation, share recipes, cooking experiences and food stories from India and around the world.