Brownies. Mmmmm. Warm. Gooey. Chocolaty. Brownies.
I am dreaming. And I wake up with this craving for chocolate brownies. I go to the fridge; pick up a chocolate and eat it. I still want brownies. Then I open my collection of recipes. I know I have a lot of brownie recipes there.. I just need to find one for which I have all the ingredients. And lo! Here I am with warm, gooey, very very chocolaty brownies :).
Preparation Time: 15 mins| Cooking time: 30 mins + chilling time| Makes ~15
½ cup all-purpose flour (maida)
½ cup cocoa
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
6 tbsp butter
¾ cup castor sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup chocolate shavings/ chips (as much as you want!)
- Grease a 10X6 inch baking dish (You can use any similar dimension dish say an 8X8 sq dish or a 8 or 9 inch diameter circular dish)
- Preheat oven to 175⁰C
- Mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add sugar and eggs (one at a time). Mix it well and add vanilla essence. Keeping whisking by hand until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture to the butter mixture. The batter will have a rich, deep, dark brown color satin sheen and a think consistency.
- Spread the batter onto the prepared dish and sprinkle the chocolate shavings/ chips generously 🙂
- Bake for about 20 minutes. (A toothpick inserted around the center would come out almost clean. I know that’s not a great way of describing, but well it won’t be very clean because we are making gooey brownies:) 20 minutes should be fine!) Remove from oven and let it cool down.
- Be patient with the cooling process. The brownies will need at least about 2 hours to cool.
- Cut into squares (I did 5X3, making 15 brownies) and enjoy! Stores well in fridge for about 3-4 days.
If you still want more chocolate, try one of these: