This freshest green salad is with ingredients right from my home garden and a few from local street vendors! With a goodness of fresh fruits, herbs and healthy seeds, its a perfect start to the day! It doesn’t even need any high calorie salad dressing. The juices of tomatoes, oranges and lemon along with salt and pepper is all the seasoning required.
Home gardening is so much fun. Not only is the process a big stress reliever but to see the plants bloom gives an unparalleled joy! I am more inspired to cook healthy and fresh when I see my little veggies and herbs growing in their pots. And salads is the best way of combing health in a bowl!Last time when I was in US, I had bought a few packets of Organic Chia seeds and I add them to almost all my salads, smoothies and baking. Not only are they super health foods, I like the way they enhance the look and the texture of the dish 🙂
Health in a bowl with the freshest green salad
By Ashima Goyal Siraj
Preparation time: Cook time: Serves: 2
2 cups lettuce leaves
2 medium (the reddest, plumiest) tomatoes (or 4-5 cherry tomatoes)
1 ripe avocado
1/4th cup croutons
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp sunflower seeds
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the lettuce leaves in cold water. Cut them into stripes and put them in a bowl filled with ice. This would keep them fresh and crisp.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop out chunks
- Cut tomatoes, cucumber and orange into chunks. Remove seeds and skin from the orange chunks.
- Mix together all the ingredients (except croutons and chia seeds) in a bowl.
- Sprinkle croutons and chia seeds and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply