Yesterday I made some to add on to the leftover baked vegetable pasta bake from the day before. Now it would have been amazing if I had made the loaf of bread also at home, but I did the next best thing. We have a bakery at 5 mins walk away and I got the freshest, warmest loaf from there in the evening when they roll out their second batch of the day.
Garlic Bread/ Baguette de alho
By Ashima Goyal Siraj
Preparation time: |Baking time: |Serves: 2
1 small baguette
6 tbsps butter
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
A pinch of salt (only if your butter is unsalted)
1 tsp of dried thyme
1 tbsp Olive oil
- Keep the butter out of refrigerator in advance so that it’s soft when you start or soften in microwave.
- Make garlic butter by mixing together butter, salt, garlic and thyme.
- You can make a lot more garlic butter and store it in fridge.. its great for barbecues
- Keep the garlic butter in fridge for 5 mins so that it sets.
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Slice through the baguette, taking care to not slice all the way through.
- Cut the butter into pieces and insert one each in between the slices
- Drizzle some olive oil over the bread
- Wrap the baguette in aluminium foil and bake for about 20 mins until you get the lovely garlic aroma.
- Tear and eat quickly before it disappears 🙂
Leave a Reply