Yesterday was stay-at-home, watch TV and laze around day… Lazy day meant a no-effort lunch. I wanted something that was simple, required minimal cooking and was low on spices. Sometime back I had seen a dish on a fox traveller show, where the lady collects fresh vegetables from her garden, fries them in olive oil, sprinkles some salt and serves with bread. Just that… At that time I was wondering, how would it taste with practically no spice except for salt! Anyway so today I thought of adapting the same for lunch…
There is not much of a recipe here, I’m just listing down what I used and did; but you can change everything… use whatever veggies you have, change with season, add grilled chicken pieces to make it more filling.. experiment with seasoning , add sauces like mustard or mayo, add cheese.. like I said earlier in my
1 medium potato
1 medium tomato
4 baby eggplants
3 spring onions
2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut into half
Salt and pepper to taste
4 pita breads
1 cup hummus
2 tbsp oil
- Wash and cut all vegetables into thin strips
- Stir fry all vegetables; sprinkle salt and pepper; mix well. I did all of them separately so that we can choose our combination of vegetables independently; but you can put them all together as well.
- Cut pita breads into half and heat in microwave.
- Serve vegetables, hummus, some seasoning and pita breads in a platter.
- Make your own pita pocket with combination of veggies, hummus and seasoning!