Gud aur Til ke laddu (Jaggery and Sesame sweet balls)
Til ke laddu are sweet jaggery and sesame balls. They are a staple sweet in many Indian households during winters. With just 5 ingredients, they’re super quick to make and keep well for up to a month!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 16 pieces
- 1 cup white sesame seeds (100 g)
- ½ cup jaggery (60g)
- 2 tsp ghee clarified butter / use cashew butter for vegan preparation
- 6-8 green cardamoms powdered
- 10-12 pistachios powdered
Dry roast sesame seeds on medium-high heat, until fragrant. Takes about 2-3 mins. The color will slightly darken and you will hear them crackling. Keep aside.
In the same pan, heat jaggery and ghee until it melts completely. Takes about 3-4 mins.
Remove from heat.
To the melted jaggery and ghee, add the toasted sesame seeds, pistachio powder, and cardamom powder. Mix well. The mixture will be very sticky and you will need to use a bit of effort to mix well and cool the mixture.
Rub a little ghee/oil on your palms. Take a small amount of the sesame and jaggery mix and shape into small bite size balls. Repeat till all the mixture is over.
Store in a cool dry place. The til-gud laddus stay well for up to a month.
- Shape the mixture into balls while it is still slightly hot. Once dry, it will set in shape and it won’t be possible to make balls with them.
- A little ghee helps to melt jaggery well, cashew butter will also go well so use that for a vegan preparation.
- Nutritional Information is the approximate information for 1 til laddu.
Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.7g | Protein: 1.2g | Fat: 4.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 2.1g