Vegetarian Loaded Nachos for Cinco de Mayo
These vegetarian loaded nachos are super with crispy chips, spicy beans, melted cheese and chunky pico de gallo dip! Be it a game night, Friday evening friends coming over or Cinco de Mayo food idea, you will want to dig into a tub of these delicious loaded nachos. Another plus — very easy recipe to put together!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 8 as snack
for the spicy beans
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 green chili , chopped
- 1 tomato , puréed
- 250 gms red kidney beans , soaked overnight and boiled
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder , optional
- 1 tsp paprika , optional
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt , to taste
Toppings for the loaded nachos
Spicy beans recipe:
Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions, and green chilli. Sauté for 5 minutes till the onions start to soften.
Drain the boiled red kidney beans and add to the onions.
Add in all the spices and tomato puree. Mix well and cook covered for 10 mins with occasional stirring in between. Add a little water if required.
To assemble the loaded nachos:
Preheat oven to 200ºC
In individual tubs or a big sharing platter, spread a layer of crispy chips, followed by spicy beans, and grated cheese. Add another layer of chips, and beans. Top with some pico de gallo and then the final cheese layer. mmmmm….
Bake for 10 mins till the cheese melts and everything is just gooey and delicious.
Take out of oven. Sprinkle pico de gallo generously.
Dig right in!
- Add guacamole and/or sour cream as more toppings for loaded nachos.
- Loaded nachos are best when they are hot, straight out of the oven. If you are taking them to a party, make the spicy beans before, assemble the nacho recipe and carry. Bake at your host’s place just before serving.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.5g | Protein: 9.4g | Fat: 4.1g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1.6g