Vegan Tofu Scramble | Tofu Bhurji
Vegan tofu scramble is a delicious and hearty breakfast made with seasonal vegetables and tofu. The soft tofu and crunchy vegetables make a great combination.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Cutting Board and knife
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger slivered
- 1 medium-size onion
- 1 cup mixed crunchy vegetables ex. bell peppers, carrots, corn, beans etc
- ½ medium tomato or 1 small
- 100 g firm tofu
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red pepper powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala optional but recommended
- 4-5 fresh coriander sprigs for garnish
Chop the vegetables into tiny bits
Heat oil in a skillet/ pan.
Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, green chilies, and ginger.
When the seeds start to crackle, add the onions. Sprinkle some salt and turmeric, mix well and let the onions sweat.
Add the mixed vegetables and sauté for a minute.
Add tomatoes and all the spices.
Crumble the tofu gently with your fingers and add to the skillet. Mix well.
Remove from heat and sprinkle some fresh coriander leaves.
Serve hot with toasted bread.
- Nutritional information is the approximate information for 1 of 2 servings.
- Also, check out Cauliflower scramble for more vegan breakfast scramble options.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.5g | Protein: 6.6g | Fat: 7.5g | Fiber: 4.3g | Sugar: 5g