Vegan Mango Lassi
Mango Lassi is a traditional Indian summer drink with mangoes and yogurt. In this super quick recipe, I've used coconut yogurt to make vegan mango lassi. A truly tropical delight!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 ripe mango (~ 250g, See recipe notes for variety)
- 150 g coconut yogurt (one single serving, or another plant based yogurt of choice)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder (remove green skin and pound to a fine powder)
- 300 ml water or as required
- 5-6 pistachios slivered for garnish (optional)
- Crushed Ice optional
Peel and cut the mango into chunks. An easier way is to cut in half and scoop the flesh out.
Put yogurt, Mango, maple syrup and little (~100ml) water in the blender.
Blend until smooth.
Add cardamom powder and more water and/or ice (if usinfor the desired consistency.
Pour into glasses. Garnish with pistachios and serve cold.
- Mango Variety: Choose a mango variety that has less fibrous and sweet flesh. In India, alphonso or safeda. In US, the Mexican Ataulfo or honey mango is best to make Mango Lassi.
- Nutritional Information is approximate information for 1 of 2 servings.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.1g | Protein: 7.1g | Fat: 2.8g | Fiber: 2.3g | Sugar: 29.5g