Healthy Ginger and Pineapple Smoothie
Simple 3-ingredient ginger and pineapple smoothie is a healthy breakfast smoothie and also great for detoxification. The fruity sweetness of pineapple is beautifully balanced with a little spicy kick from ginger which also adds to its anti-inflammatory and clearing properties.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 2 cups pineapple chunks from about ½ normal sized pineapple
- 1 cup water
- 2 inch fresh ginger peeled and chopped (or use 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional
- A few fresh mint leaves for garnish
Place pineapple, ginger, water, and maple syrup (if using) in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
Empty into glasses, garnish with a few mint leaves and serve immediately.
- This smoothie is very thick with all the fibers of the fruits intact but for a lighter juice, pass the smoothie through a sieve to remove the pulp.
- To further enhance its healing properties, add a little fresh or ground turmeric to the smoothie.
- Nutritional Information is for 1 of 2 servings of the pineapple smoothie.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.9g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 0.3g | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 16.3g