Hazelnut and Chocolate Oatmeal (porridge)
healthy, hearty, and totally delicious - this hazelnut and chocolate oatmeal is a great start to the day. Made from scratch with just 6 ingredients and ready in 20 mins.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups hazelnut milk (you can also cook in water)
- 1 tbsp ground roasted hazelnut (made with 8 hazelnuts)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (or chopped chocolate)
- 3-4 roasted hazelnut chopped
In a thick bottom pot, add oats and hazelnut milk. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
Add ground hazelnut powder, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder to the pot. Mix well and let it simmer till the oats are cooked through. Stir frequently in between to allow even cooking.
Mix in the maple syrup and then remove in a serving bowl.
Sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts and cacao nibs on top and enjoy warm!
- While you can cook the oats in water, cooking them in hazelnut milk really makes them super creamy and delicious.
- The chopped hazelnut and cacao nibs add a crunchy bit to the smooth oatmeal and taste very nice. If you don't have cacao nibs, add some chopped chocolate!
- Nutrition Information is approximate information for one serving.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.6g | Protein: 6.8g | Fat: 9.6g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Fiber: 5.4g | Sugar: 4.3g