Zucchini Soup with burnt garlic
This is the simplest recipe for zucchini soup or courgette soup. One pot, 10 ingredients and 30 mins. It is vegan, gluten-free, healthy, low calorie, and above all very delicious. Zucchini lends a natural creamy texture to the soup and burnt garlic adds to the strong earthy aroma and flavour.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 as side
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic smashed and peeled
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini cut into cubes (with peel)*
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 stalks chives for garnish (optional)
Heat oil in a deep stock pot. Add bay leaf, garlic and green chillies.
Sauté till the garlic starts to turn brown and some of it is slightly burnt.
Add onions, zucchini, vegetable stock
, salt and pepper.
Cook covered for 10 minutes till the zucchini is soft and cooked.
Remove from heat. Using a tong, discard the bayleaf.
Blend the soup in the pot itself with a hand blender.
Transfer to soup bowl. Add some fresh chives for garnish and/or add a swish of little olive oil. Enjoy hot.
- *Zucchini peel has lots of nutrition and fibre in it so I don’t peel it but if want a lighter colour to the soup and a more smoother texture, you might want to peel it.
- I use Olive oil for a vegan soup preparation, can easily be substituted with butter.
- I prefer blending the soup with a hand blender as it is easy, quick and mess free but if you want to use to a mixer, then wait for the soup to cool down a little and then transfer in small batches.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.5g | Protein: 3.5g | Fat: 7.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.1g | Fiber: 3.5g | Sugar: 7.7g