Arugula Parmesan Salad with lemon dressing
This simple arugula and parmesan cheese salad doesn’t really need a recipe. Just add arugula leaves with shaved parmesan in a bowl, squeeze in a lemon, add a dash of olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Voilà!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 as side
- 3 cup arugula leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shaved/ crumbled
- ½ cup pomegranate kernels optional
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds optional
Wash the arugula under cold running water. Spin-dry and place in a large bowl.
For the salad dressing, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small glass. Drizzle over the arugula leaves. Toss.
Shave parmesan cheese over the salad. I put an approximate measurement of ½ cup but add parmesan to your liking.
Sprinkle some pomegranate kernels and sunflower seeds for added texture.
- Prepare the salad just before serving as the rocket leaves become soggy if they sit in the dressing for long.
- I like pomegranate and sunflower seeds in the salad as they add to the texture and colour. But they are totally optional. The basic combination of arugula and parmesan doesn’t really need anything else to it :-).
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.2g | Protein: 2.8g | Fat: 5.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2.9g