Potatoes are my favourite! chaat, tikki, Mc Veggie, Samosa, Bread roll, Break pakoda and on and on all have potato as the hero of the dish. Mmmmmmm…… 🙂
They are so versatile that one can write a whole cookbook only on potato dishes! Every mother in my family (and my big family has a lot of them!!) cooks potatoes differently! I wish I could have potatoes in all my meals and not worry about eating healthy!
I came across this recipe in an aluminium foil print ad! Yes seriously aluminium foil ad! 🙂 Anyway the recipe was fairly straight forward so I thought of trying it for dinner. And whenever I am alone for dinner, as was the case yesterday, I love to experiment! 🙂
But when I tasted it, hot out of oven, it was so soft, so buttery and the aroma of rosemary… I instantly loved it. And it doesn’t require more than 10 minutes of effort… most of the work is done by the oven!
Disclaimer: This dish is butter, this dish is potato… If you are watching calories, this dish is not for you :).
Buttery Potato Bake
Preparation Time: 5 mins| Cooking time: 30 mins| Serves 2
8-10 baby potatoes, cut in half
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 onion, finely sliced
2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp Italian seasoning (I used the ones which come with dominoes pizza!)
Salt and Pepper to taste
20gms butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and add the onions. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary
- Cook for about 10 minutes till the onion is soft
- Generously butter a roasting tin. Toss in the potatoes with the melted butter, onion mix and Italian seasoning
- Cover the tin with aluminium foil
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes till the potatoes are soft
- Garnish with some coriander/mint leaves