A plateful of warm poached pears with a generous serving of chocolate sauce for lunch is luxury. Simple pleasures that we sometimes indulge in.
Last Sunday, after a heavy breakfast, we were simply chilling in front of the TV. Actually more like me flipping channels while sikander was checking his emails on his laptop. And I came across Nigella bites on TLC. Now I think I’ve mentioned this before, I simply adore her for making cooking so simple! She covered like 4 recipes in the half our episode but what caught my interest were the last 5 minutes when she made this poached pear with warm chocolate sauce. It looked so easy that I had to try it right then and it really was.
Indulge into the gorgeous warm sinful pleasure!
Poached pears with chocolate sauce
By Ashima Goyal Siraj
Preparation time: |Cooking time: |Serves: 2
2 pears, peeled, cut into quarters and de-seeded
1 cup sugar
Vanilla essence or 1-2 vanilla pods
100 gms cream
10-15 pistachios (unsalted), cut into small pieces
- Heat water in a pan, add ¾ cup sugar and a few drops of vanilla essence or vanilla pod.
- Once the sugar dissolves, add the pears. Keep on medium flame for about 10 minutes until the pear is soft.
- Put the chocolate, milk and ¼ cup sugar in a heavy-based pan on a low heat, and stir to melt.
- Peel the pistachios and put them in a freezer bag. Bash them with a rolling pin, to break into big and little pieces.
- Drain the pears, and place on a plate
- Drizzle over the chocolate sauce and sprinkle crushed pistachios
- Grab a fork and indulge!